- Table of contents
Summary of changes
- We added more details about data we collect and how it’s used, along with a new way to control whether it is used to report on ads performance.
We added new information for our California residents.
Thank you for using ProDucer.MiaMi!
- Our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love. To do that, we show you personalized content and ads we think you’ll be interested in based on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have about it. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
We collect information in a few different ways
- 1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use ProDucer.MiaMi you voluntarily share certain information including your name, email address, phone number, photos, Pins, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share your precise location using your device settings or through photos. We will still use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location, even if you don’t choose to share your precise location. You will also have the option to share other information about yourself such as your gender, age, and preferred language.
If you connect your Facebook, Google
- or other third-party accounts to ProDucer.MiaMi, we use information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts) to improve your ProDucer.MiaMi experience. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
2. We also get technical information when you use ProDucer.MiaMi
When you use a website, mobile application or other internet services, certain internet and electronic network activity information gets created and logged automatically. This is also true when you use ProDucer.MiaMi. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use ProDucer.MiaMi, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address (which we use to infer your approximate location), the address of, and activity on websites you visit that incorporate ProDucer.MiaMi features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used ProDucer.MiaMi, cookie data, and device data. You can learn more about the log data we collect here.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using ProDucer.MiaMi on, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks.
- Clickstream data and inferences. When you’re on ProDucer.MiaMi, we use your activity—such as which Pins you click on, boards you create, and any text that you add in a comment or description—along with the information you provided when you first signed up and information from our partners and advertisers to make inferences about you and your preferences. For example, if you create a board about travel, we may infer you are a travel enthusiast. We may also infer information about your education or professional experience based on your activity when you link your account to accounts you have with third parties like Facebook or Google.
- 3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us
We also get information about you and your activity outside ProDucer.MiaMi from our affiliates, advertisers, partners, and other third parties we work with. For example:
- Some websites or apps use ProDucer.MiaMi features such as our “Save” button, or you may install our “Save” button for your browser. If so, we collect log data from those sites or apps. You can learn more about these features at our Help Center.
- Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure, report on, or improve the performance of ads on ProDucer.MiaMi, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you on or off of ProDucer.MiaMi. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser’s site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third-party service, which we might use to help show you ads. Learn more about the types of information advertisers or other third parties share with us.
What we do with the info we collect
- We’re committed to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting, and personal to you. To do that, we use your information to provide and improve your experience, including:
- Identify you when you use ProDucer.MiaMi.
- Recommend Pins, boards, topics, or categories you might like based on your activity on ProDucer.MiaMi. For example, if we see you’re into cooking, we may suggest food-related Pins, boards, or people that we think you might like or show you food-related ads.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your info in these ways. It’s fundamental to what we do at ProDucer.MiaMi and necessary in order to make ProDucer.MiaMi and its features relevant and personalized to you.
We also have a legitimate interest in making ProDucer.MiaMi safe and improving our product features so you keep finding the inspiration you want. We all benefit when we use your information to:
- Suggest other people who have similar interests. For example, if you follow interior design boards, we may suggest interior designers that you might like.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on ProDucer.MiaMi, if you agree to this in your settings. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we can help your Facebook friends find you on ProDucer.MiaMi when they first sign up for ProDucer.MiaMi. Or people can search for your account on ProDucer.MiaMi using your email.
- Work with law enforcement and keep ProDucer.MiaMi safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts. To find out more about how we respond to law enforcement requests, please see our Law Enforcement Guidelines.
- Review your messages on ProDucer.MiaMi to detect activity that poses a risk to the safety of you, our community, and/or members of the public.
- Conduct analytics and research on who is using ProDucer.MiaMi and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on ProDucer.MiaMi, we can understand which version is better.
- Improve ProDucer.MiaMi and offer new features.
- Advertise ProDucer.MiaMi products and services to you on other sites. You can choose for us not to share your information with other sites to personalize those ads as described in the “Choices you have about your information” section below.
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happens on ProDucer.MiaMi) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings. For example, we send weekly updates that include Pins you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings.
- We have a legitimate interest in delivering ads that are relevant, interesting, and personal to you in order to generate revenue. To further these interests we use the information we collect to:
- Tell our ad partners how their ProDucer.MiaMi ads are doing, and how to make them better. Some of this information is aggregated. For example, we would report to an advertiser that a certain percentage of people who viewed a Promoted Pin went on to visit that advertiser’s site. In other instances, this information isn’t aggregated. For example, we would let an advertiser know that a particular Promoted Pin has been saved by certain people. To find out more about reporting on ads please visit the Help Center.
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
- Allow searching with photos. For example, if you take a photo of a pair of shoes or a piece of furniture you like, you can ask us to show you similar items. You can opt into this in your device operating system settings.
- Send you marketing materials by email, text, push notification, or phone call depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
- Identify your precise location and customize the content we show you. For example, if we know that you’re near a retailer we may show you that retailer’s Pins that may be of interest to you. You can opt into this in your device operating system settings.
- Tell our ad partners how their ads are doing using the ProDucer.MiaMi Tag. The ProDucer.MiaMi Tag (a piece of code an advertiser puts on their site) delivers insights to us and our ad partners about actions that a person takes on their website after viewing an ad on ProDucer.MiaMi. To learn more about the ProDucer.MiaMi Tag, please visit the Help Center.
- Identify you across different browser sessions. This means if you log into ProDucer.MiaMi from your phone (or any device), we’ll remember that you’re you and then you won’t need to enter your login details each time you visit ProDucer.MiaMi.
Transferring your information
- ProDucer.MiaMi is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country.
See the section for EEA Residents to learn more about data transfers to and from that region.
Choices you have about your info
- Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a ProDucer.MiaMi account, many of these controls are built directly into ProDucer.MiaMi or your settings. For example, you can:
- Edit information in your profile at any time, decide whether your profile is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your ProDucer.MiaMi accounts using your email address.
- Link or unlink your ProDucer.MiaMi accounts from other services (like Facebook, Google, or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also decide whether or not to publish your ProDucer.MiaMi activity to that service.
- Edit secret board settings. Secret boards are visible to you and other collaborators on the board, and any collaborator may choose to make the board available to anyone else. For example, another collaborator can invite someone else to the board, make the board available to an app they use to view ProDucer.MiaMi or even just take an image from the board and email it to their friends.
- Choose whether ProDucer.MiaMi will be customized for you using information from other websites or apps. If you have a ProDucer.MiaMi accounts and want to control how your offsite data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your settings and update your “Personalization” preferences.
- Choose whether ProDucer.MiaMi ads delivered to you on other platforms, sites, or apps are customized using information about your account activities. You can control this by visiting your settings and updating your “Personalization” preferences.
- Choose whether ProDucer.MiaMi shares information about your activity on ProDucer.MiaMi for ads performance reporting. You can control this by visiting your settings and updating your “Personalization” preferences.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it, remove your Pins and boards from ProDucer.MiaMi and delete your account data. Please note that there may be legal reasons for us to keep your data, such as if we receive a law enforcement request asking us to preserve data. We may also retain certain information in our backup systems for a limited period of time, or as required by law.
- We also support settings such as Limit Ad Tracking in iOS, Ads Personalization in Android devices as well as Do Not Track in browsers. Learn more about how Do Not Track affects our collection and use of data collected off of ProDucer.MiaMi.
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access ProDucer.MiaMi. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your precise location, photos, contacts, and other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when we share information
- Anyone can see the public boards and Pins you create and the aprofile information you give us. We also make this public information available through what are called APIs (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner can study what their most popular Pins are or how their Pins are being shared on ProDucer.MiaMi by using a ProDucer.MiaMi API. We also share your information with:
- Other services, at your direction, to enable you to sign up for or log in to ProDucer.MiaMi, or when you decide to link your ProDucer.MiaMi account to those services, like Facebook or Google, or when you publish your content on ProDucer.MiaMi to them. For example, if you choose to publish your Pins to Facebook or Twitter, then information about that content will be shared with Facebook or Twitter.
- Services we use to market ProDucer.MiaMi to you on sites and apps other than ProDucer.MiaMi, such as Facebook Ads, Google Marketing Platform, Microsoft Advertising, LinkedIn Advertising, The Trade Desk and others from time to time. You can opt-out of sharing with such advertising services in your settings.
- Online advertisers and third-party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes us sharing the Pins or ads you were shown on ProDucer.MiaMi and whether or how you engaged with those Pins or ads, or other information about your activity on ProDucer.MiaMi. Learn more about how we share information with online advertisers. To learn more about third-party companies that analyze ad performance, please visit our Help Center.
- Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or ProDucer.MiaMi; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information
- We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide ProDucer.MiaMi to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
Our policy on children’s information
- Children under 13 are not allowed to use ProDucer.MiaMi. If you are based in the EEA you may only use ProDucer.MiaMi if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country.
- You have options in relation to the information that we have about you. To exercise these options, please visit your account settings and, if you still need help, our Help Center.
- Request access to the information we collect and hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it through our Help Center.
- Has your information corrected or deleted? You can update your information in your profile or delete your data by closing your account.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt-out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you updates about your account, such as when someone comments on one of your Pins.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, and, where it’s technically feasible for us to do so?
- Request more details about the information we collect and how and why we use and share it.
- We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your options related to your personal information. We work to be clear with you about your options and the consequences of exercising certain options. If you have questions, please contact us.
Residents of the EEA
- If you have any questions about our data processing activities, the data controller you should contact is ProDucer.MiaMi Europe Ltd., an Irish company with its registered office at Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
Because of ProDucer.MiaMi is a worldwide service, we may transfer the personal data of EEA residents to a country outside the EEA. Where we transfer information from the EEA to a country that doesn’t provide an adequate level of protection, we’ll only do so under appropriate safeguards to protect your information, like standard contractual clauses.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to disclose the categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
- In order to verify your identity when you make a request, you will be required to log in to your password-protected account or respond to an email verification request.
We do not sell the Personal Information of our users.
For more information about these rights, please see “Choices you have about your info” above, and to exercise them, please visit our Help Center or contact us at privacy-support@ProDucer.MiaMi.com.
In addition to exercising these rights yourself, you may also designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In order to do this, we will ask you to verify the request directly via email or through your password-protected account.
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, email address, phone number, unique device identifiers, and your IP address
- Personal characteristics protected by law, such as your gender and age
- Commercial information, such as purchases made, and payment information
- Internet or electronic network activity information, such as information about your device and your use of our Services
- Geo-location data, when shared through your device settings or photos
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture or photos
- Professional or employment information, when you link your account to other accounts
- Inferences we draw or derive about users, such as your interests or preferences
- Other information you provide, such as your bio, Pins, and comments
How we make changes to this policy
- We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ProDucer.MiaMi after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
- The best way to get in touch with us or to exercise your options described above is through the Help Center.
© ProDucer.MiaMi 2020